If you are looking for the Best Video Maker iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Video Maker iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Video Maker iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Video Maker iPhone App
1. FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird – Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine – Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
Stupid Love – Lady Gaga
Detour – Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron – Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours – Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) – Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• ProRes support on 13 series
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks (8-bit) †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.”
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie with by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13
• Add, adjust, and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export a video optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV****
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later”
3. InShot – Video Editor
– Cut/Delete middle part of a video
– Merge videos
– Adjust video speed (now InShot support speed ramping) [Music , Effects & Voice-overs]– Add exclusive vlog music of InShot featured. Add your own music to video, like mp3 files and other format.
– Lots of fun sound effects.
– Add voice-overs.
– Easy to sync sound and video, with timeline features. [Text & Emoji]– Add text on video and photo.
– Add emoji on photo.
– With timeline features, easy to sync text and emoji with video. [Filters and Effects]– Lots of cinematic filters
– Unique effects such as glitch, noise, beats, retro DV, etc. [Video transitions]– Combine 2 clips with smooth transitions.
– Make your video more eye-catching, editing video like a Pro. [Picture-in-Picture]– Add video and photo layers on main video.
– Use chroma key/green screen to create a creative works.
– Add mask to PIP. [Keyframe]– Add motion to layers(text, stickers, PIP) by using keyframe tool [For social media]– Blur border for photo and video. Make it square ready for Instagram.
– Colored border to make it square ready.
– Move video/photo inside the square. [Photo editing]– Add text and stickers to photos, make fun story.
– Add filters and adjust brightness, contrast, curves and etc.
– Make photo collage [Share]– High video output resolution. Now InShot support save in 4K, 60fps.
– Share to social apps, like YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. [InShot Pro Unlimited Subscription]– With an InShot Pro Unlimited subscription, you have access to all features and paid editing materials including stickers, filter packages etc. Watermark and advertisements will be removed automatically.
– InShot Pro Unlimited subscription is billed monthly or annually at the rate corresponding to the selected plan. In addition, a one-time payment will be offered if needed, which is not one of the subscription plan.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Feel free to contact us: email@example.com, your feedback and suggestions are important to us! For more InShot news and tutorials, follow us on YouTube @InShot Video Editor.[Disclaimer]:
InShot is not affiliated, associated, sponsored, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter.
“Welcome to the #1 multitrack mobile video editing app. A professional and intuitive storytelling environment will inspire you to craft your story wherever you are, from the mountain top to the living room. Recapture the magic of storytelling and the joy of editing!
“When it comes to editing video on an iOS device, LumaFusion has no equal.” – MacWorld
“If you have ever dreamed of editing videos on the iPad (or iPhone), or if you have the slightest passing interest in doing so, you need to own LumaFusion.” – 9to5Mac
“From aspect ratios to frame rates, you get full control over every aspect of your projects… this has just about everything power users are going to need.” – Gizmodo
Included in the one time purchase:
• Use 6 video/audio tracks
• Use 6 additional audio tracks
• Edit with the enhanced magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
• Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
• Use preset transitions or create your own
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using Multiselect
• Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
• Stabilize videos with integrated Lock and Load Stabilizer
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Animate with unlimited keyframes
• Save and share effect presets
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video
• Fine tune audio perfectly with the Graphic EQ
• Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
• Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
• Isolate tracks on multiple track files
• Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add third-party audio plugins
• Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts
• Save and share title presets
• Create endless projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag
• Use media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io
• Edit direct from USB-C drives
• Import media: cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand and SMB network drives
• Use for free: dozens of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
• View detailed metadata for your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag
• Sort and search to quickly find what you need
• Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and format
• Create a snapshot of any frame
• Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
• Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
• Export to Final Cut Pro (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop
EXCEPTIONAL FREE SUPPORT
• Access in-app help and online tutorials to get you started and keep you going
• Explore our full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact our friendly support with direct access to our editing experts at https://luma-touch.com/support”
5. Splice – Video Editor & Maker
“Simple yet powerful, Splice makes it easy to create fully customized, professional-looking videos on your iPhone or iPad. Imagine the performance of a desktop editor, optimized for your mobile device. Just tap to trim clips, add slow motion effects, and overlay multiple clips to create beautiful videos you’ll love to share. It’s never been easier to edit like a pro on the go.
POWERFUL EDITING TOOLS MADE SIMPLE
+ Trim, cut, and crop your photos and video clips.
+ Refine your clips by adjusting exposure, contrast, saturation, and more.
+ Adjust playback speed for fast or slow motion, now also with speed ramping.
+ Overlay photos or videos and apply masks to create incredible effects.
+ Remove background with Chroma Key.
+ Animate your clips with the Ken Burns effect.
+ Apply filters and adjust background colors, orientation, and more.
+ Add amazing effects: glitch, chroma, vintage, and lots more.
+ Choose your transition style and control the speed between transitions.
+ Add title slides, text overlays, and a custom outro.
+ Bring your photos to life and create slideshows with pan and zoom effects.
CUSTOMIZE THE PERFECT SOUNDTRACK
+ Choose songs from 6,000+ royalty-free tracks from Artlist and Shutterstock libraries.
+ Trim and mix multiple audio tracks with precision.
+ Use a song from your own iTunes collection (subject to iTunes terms).
+ Add narration or custom sound effects with the built-in voice recorder.
EASILY SHARE + SAVE YOUR VIDEO
+ Share right to YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Mail, Messages, and more.
+ Save videos to your camera roll.
Subscribe to take advantage of the features described above.
• Subscription length: weekly, monthly, yearly
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase.
• Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• The cost of renewal will be charged to your account in the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Have a feature request you would like to see in a future version of the app? Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
6. Video Editor and Maker
“Video Editor app for iPhone and iPad simplifies the entire process of adding music to your videos. Grab videos directly from your camera or gallery and cut out unwanted moments using the video trimmer feature. You can add tracks to any videos by recording the audio yourself or choosing songs from iTunes Music.
Key Features of Video Editor:
– Trim videos in just a few steps
– 3 ways to add music to videos: in-app tracks, iTunes Music, and by recording your own audios
– Trim audio tracks as necessary after adding
– Adjust volume, loop audio, use fade-in, and fade-out option
– Share on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, etc.
– No watermark
Disclaimer: This app is free to download, but you will be required to make a one-time purchase to access the app’s full functionality.”