If you are looking for the Best Video Recording App For iPhone 2021 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Video Recording App For iPhone 2021 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Video Recording App For iPhone 2021, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Video Recording App For iPhone 2021
1. FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird – Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine – Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
Stupid Love – Lady Gaga
Detour – Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron – Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours – Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) – Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• ProRes support on 13 series
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks (8-bit) †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.”
2. FilmoraGo-Video Editor & Maker
“FilmoraGo is an easy-to-use video editing app with advanced features and tons of ways to be creative. Create music videos, velocity edit, make your own movies, and share videos with your friends! You’ll save time and have a blast.
Why you’ll love FilmoraGo:
POWERFUL YET SIMPLE VIDEO EDITING TOOLS
– Intuitive timeline view makes it easier to manage multiple timelines.
– Trim, split, duplicate, or merge video clips.
– Adjust playback speed for fast or slow motion.
– Rotate video clips in any degrees.
– Playback your clips in reverse.
– Stunning templates help create videos in seconds.
– Adjust display: change brightness, contrast, temperature, vignette, saturation, clarity.
PERFECT MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS
– Royal-free music library and built-in sound effects.
– Record your own voice-overs.
– Trim and cut the audio to remove unwanted parts.
STUNNING VIDEO EFFECTS
– Add animated text or fun stickers on video and photo.
– Support fantastic filters and text overlays.
– PIP: add multiple layers of video, images, stickers, special effects, text, etc.
– Canvas: add background to your video and adjust aspect ratio.
ADVANCE CAMERA FEATURES
– The first iOS video editor with Double Take/multi-cam (available for iPhone XR or later).
– AR Camera: Create memoji/animoji selfie video
– Retouch: Reshape your face of size, eyes and lips
– Video beautification: Whiten and Smooth your skin
EASY VIDEO-SHARING AND SAVING
– Share your video to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
– Save videos to your camera roll.
FilmoraGo Unlimited Subscription:
– With FilmoraGo Pro Unlimited subscription, you have access to all features and paid editing materials including stickers, filter packages etc. Watermark and LogoRoll will be removed automatically.
– Get all of FilmoraGo’s features and paid add-ons including stickers and filter packages.
– No export watermark or logo roll.
– Monthly, quarterly, or annual billing.
– Payments will be charged to your iTunes account.
– Subscriptions will automatically be renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the time of renewal.
– Your account will be charged for the subscription renewal up to 24 hours prior to the end of your current subscription period in order to avoid service gaps.
– You can turn off auto-renewal at any time through your Account Settings.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We value your feedback.
Here’s how you can contact us:
3. MoviePro – Pro Video Camera
• FEATURES •
– Record Video/Timelapse,
– Capture stills while recording,
– Record while playing background music,
– MultiCam recording**,
– Center Stage (iPad 2021 or later models)
– Portrait Effect with front camera**
– HDR mode**
– ProRes recording (iPhone 13 pro/pro max only)
– Clean video feed via HDMI/AirPlay
• Zoom Speed Control
• Upto 20x zoom (on devices with three lens)
• Tap to Focus
• Dual reticle mode (separate focus & exposure)
• Manual Focus/Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speed, Auto exposure bias, lens position)
• Focus & Exposure Pull
– MultiCam Recording:
• Select any two cameras on device, such as Front and Back, or Tele & Ultra-wide
• Select recording format (PIP, Split Screen, or Separate files)
• Quick switch cameras with 0 delay
• Manual Focus/Exposure/WB controls
– Quick Presets for Recording:
• Choose from a host of video resolutions(4K to 320×180) and aspect ratios (16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 17:9, 21:9, 2:1, 2.35:1, 2.39:1, 2:40:1, 2:75:1, 2.55:1, 2.25:1, 2.20:1, 1.896:1, 1.85:1, 1.81:1)
• Choose frame rate (240 fps to 1 fps)
• Choose Video Bitrate and Compression (from 400% to 25% of native camera app)
• Video Encoder – HEVC, H.264, ProRes422, ProRes422HQ, ProRes422Proxy, ProRes422LT
• HDR mode (Dolby Vision)
• ProRes mode (4K for 256GB models, 1080p for 128 GB model)
• Audio compression Options
• Uncompress Audio or Silent Audio Options
• Video Stabilisation modes – Standard & Cinematic
• Battery saver recording mode for low energy consumption and high FPS accuracy
• Add, delete, modify, rename presets
– White Balance Controls:
• Auto White Balance
• Lock White Balance
• Adjust Color Temperature/Tint
• White balance presets
• Lock White balance by pointing camera to white object
• External microphone support
• Bluetooth microphone option
• Supports AirPods
• Select Builtin microphone
• Mic volume control(External mics only)
• Live Audio monitoring through headphones
• Stereo recording(iPhoneXR/XS or later)
• Audio meters
– Statistics and Assistants:
• Scopes & Monitors (Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope)
• Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping
– Video Export Options
• Record directly in Camera Roll,
• Export to Camera Roll, YouTube, Dropbox
• Files App support
• iTunes File Sharing
– Inbuilt Video Editor
• Trim, rotate, SlowMo
• Set Aspect ratio, resolution, compression, codec (HEVC/H.264)
•.Adjust Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, Vibrance, Color Balance, Shadows
– Camera UI Settings
• Lock interface orientation
• Hide all controls with/without reticles
• Composition Guides – Thirds guide & Symmetry guides
• Countdown timer
• Clean HDMI/Airplay output (configurable in App settings)
• Gimbals (Osmo Mobile, Zhiyun,etc.)
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic lens
• 35 mm Image flip,
– Other Features
• Choose record duration
• Location tag, Copyright info in Video Metadata,
• Switch Cameras while recording,
– Remote control
• Control all features MoviePro camera from another iOS device
• Modify camera settings, trigger recording from remote
• Contact Us •
@movieproapp on Twitter
** Capabilities and features depend on device
** MultiCam requires iPhone XS/XR, iPad Pro(3rd generation), or later
** Portrait Effect can be enabled from control centre & works only with front camera on iPhone XR/XS or later”
4. ProMovie Recorder
“ProMovie Recorder is a feature-rich yet easy-to-use video camera App for your iPhone and iPad. Take control of exposure, focus, frame rate, and every other aspect of video recording right at your fingertip. Take full advantage of your device’s videography capability and create professional clips.
• 4K video recording (up to 60FPS) ¹.
• 1080p video recording (up to 240FPS) ².
• Manual camera control for exposure, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
• High-quality video recording with up to 120Mbps bitrate.
• Switch between Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras ³.
An In-App Purchase is required to record videos without the ‘ProMovie Recorder’ watermark.
• External microphones (Lightning/3.5 mm headphone jack ⁴/Bluetooth).
• Stereo audio recording *.
• Audio monitoring through headphones and Bluetooth headphones.
• On-screen audio level indicator.
• Audio gain control *.
• Supported audio formats: 256 Kbps AAC, 16-bit PCM.
• Separate Exposure Point and Focus Point.
• Exposure compensation.
• Manual control/parameter lock for:
– Shutter Speed/ISO
– Color Temperature
• White balance presets.
• White balance calibration with gray cards.
• 2.4:1 anamorphic adapters.
• Video rotation/flip for lens accessories.
• External displays connected via Lightning-to-HDMI/VGA adapters.
• Bluetooth remote ⁵.
• Grids and cropping guides for easier composition.
• Full-screen modes.
• Level (tilt indicator).
• Both HEVC and H.264 encoding *.
• Standard and Cinematic stabilization mode.
4K @30FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
4K @60FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @30FPS: iPhone 5s and newer, iPad (5th Gen. and newer), iPad Mini (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Air (all models), iPad Pro (all models).
1080p @60FPS: iPhone 6/6 Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @120FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @240FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
For iPhone and iPad models with Ultra Wide and/or Telephoto cameras.
Depending on your iPhone/iPad model and microphone connector, some of the following adapters may be required:
• TRS to TRRS adapter
• Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
• USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
Compatible devices only. Needs to be enabled in ‘Settings’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Start/Stop Recording’ -> ‘Use Volume Buttons’.
* For supported devices only.
Note: Use ‘iTunes’ or ‘Finder’ to copy videos to a computer.
macOS Catalina or Later:
macOS Mojave or Earlier:
Contact us: support@ProMovieApp.com”