If you are looking for the Best Weather Apps For iPhone Australia to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Weather Apps For iPhone Australia that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Weather Apps For iPhone Australia, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Weather Apps For iPhone Australia
1. AUS Weather
Sourced directly from Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) and developed locally in Australia by Australians.
This app is packed with features that are only exclusive to this app. Be confident you have all the weather information you will ever need.
– (NEW) Home Screen Widgets.
– (NEW) Apple Watch app with complications.
– (NEW) Rain alert notifications with voice. Let you know when the rain is coming.
– BOM rain radar maps to view approaching rain. (NEW) Now with Deep learning rain predictions.
– Location finder that uses your current GPS location to get nearest weather information automatically. Location services will need to be enabled.
– Beautiful weather graphs for visually representation of the temperature, rain, tides and statistics.
– (NEW) Statistical weather graphs. View which are the coldest, warmest, rainiest most sun, etc. months. Perfect for comparison of holiday destinations.
– Sun and Moon information from sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset to major and minor periods information used by fishermen and hunters.
– Push Notifications to receive weather information or BOM warnings. Perfect for morning weather update or for a warning alert.
– 3 hourly weather forecast for next 7 days for all location in Australia.
– 24 hour forecast graph to show visually the forecast temperature, maximum, minimum, humidity and rainfall.
– 7 day forecast graph shows visually the forecast for the week ahead. Get forecast temperature, mean monthly maximum, mean monthly minimum, humidity and rainfall.
– Information on Fire Danger and UV index.
– Heaps of designs to choose from, so you can customise your app. With some design changing interface with weather conditions.
– BOM radar maps. Including rainfall, doppler wind and national cloud and radar maps.
– Exclusive Interactive Maps to view weather conditions for the coming days. A visual representation of the weeks forecast for temperatures, rain, pressure and more.
– The only app to provide District Forecast for a detailed in depth forecast analysis. A must for professional weather users.
– Additional static radar image to view overhead rain clouds.
– Marine information on tides, seas and wind.
– Radars from 64km, 128km, 256km and 512km to predict when rainfall will reach you.
– Rainfall over certain areas for the last 6 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours and rainfall since 9am.
– Doppler radar to view direction and speed of wind.
– National satellite imagery.
– Interactive maps on:
● Surface Pressure and Rainfall
● MSLP and Thickness
● Wind Speed and Direction
● Geopotential Height
● Relative Humidity
● Dew Point
● Combined Sea and Swell
● Primary Swell
● Wind Waves
● Swell Period
– Also includes an animated Synoptic Chart.
Australia Weather Information App is designed with an intuitive interface and fully equipped with all the weather information you need in your pocket.
– This App contains weather information only about Australian states and its territories.
– Use this app information as advisory only.
– The data is sourced from Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) and was not developed or published by BOM. Any questions, bugs or recommendations should be sent to us firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.weatherinfo.com.au.
Thanks for your support!”
2. BOM Weather
The BOM Weather app includes:
Current and today’s conditions
– Weather icon
– ‘Feels like’ temperature
– Possible rainfall range
– Current weather description
– Wind (in km/h OR knots – tap to change) and wind gust
– Rain since 9am
– 1-hourly forecast for 72 hours including temperature, rain, wind direction and gust, and speed (in km/h OR knots)
– 7-day forecast including temperature, text weather summary, fire danger rating, UV Index and sun protection 4 days ahead, sunrise/sunset and moon phases
– Waters forecast including wind, seas, swell, and tides. Plus the summary for the days ahead
– Weather warnings for your current locations
– Pan and zoom rain radar map
– Your location marked on radar map
– Radar coverage layer
– Search for any location in Australia
– Save your favourite locations
– ‘Move with me’ (current location)
– Weather mood background and night-time mode
– Quick access to rain radar
– Enhanced metadata to give you the location of the observations and the forecast last updated times
– Accessible design that allows you to resize the font in your device settings
– View in landscape or portrait mode (device rotation)”
3. The Weather Channel: Forecast
Rain, storm or shine: Plan your day, week or even your next vacation with the right tools and insights at your fingertips. The Weather Channel provides you with the weather information that matters to you, wherever you are, for the next 15 days.
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe with extreme weather alerts.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or go for a midnight swim? Get detailed information on sunset times, tides, phases of the moon and much more.
• Run smart with our Running index! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to hurricanes, we’ll send you live alerts with safety advice, so you know how to be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies this spring? Get high-risk allergy alerts to help you beat hayfever. Going on vacation? Check the air quality before you go! Air quality reports are now available for the US, UK, Spain, France, Germany, Mexico, China and India!
Easily access all of the weather information you need on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favourite features from any of your iOS devices!
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
Privacy & Feedback
If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.”
4. Weather Australia XL PRO
– Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
– See at a glance the next weather condition change
– Great Widget !
– Apple Watch !
– Updated continuously
– Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
– Fast, beautiful and simple to use
– Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
– Highest and lowest historical values
– Satellite and radar map animations
– Optimized for both phones and tablets
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Australia & New-Zealand Cities: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane,Perth,Adelaide,Gold Coast-Tweed,Newcastle,Canberra, Auckland, Wellington..
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
5. Weatherzone: Weather Forecasts
“Weatherzone is Australia’s favourite weather app, #1 for weather 11 years in a row*, giving you access to current conditions, 10-day forecasts, rain radar, storm and lightning tracker, real-time warnings, and more!
Weatherzone is an internationally award winning weather app as recognised by the World Meteorological Organization, winning 3 awards in 2020 for quality of data and reliability, weather warnings and user interface. Weatherzone is committed to delivering the best weather app experience for our users. Join over 1M+ people who rely on our accurate forecasts and features.
– Free Weather App Features –
Local Weather Updates
◆ Weather observations – current conditions for your location including temperature, feels like, wind, gusts, rain, humidity, dew point, pressure and air quality.
◆ 10-day weather forecast – plan for today and the week ahead with our weather forecast including UV, air quality, fire danger, sunrise and sunset times, and pollen.
◆ Detailed hourly weather forecasts – showing real-time changes in temperature, rain, wind, humidity and more.
◆ Calendar forecasts for the next month – plan ahead for the next 28 days with rainfall and temperature forecasts.
◆ Past 24 hour and historic observations – so you can track the weather that has already happened.
Weather alerts and push notifications
◆ Real-time severe weather alerts.
◆ Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) weather warning alerts.
◆ Today, tomorrow and weekly forecast summary alerts.
◆ Sunrise and sunset time alerts.
More weather app features
◆ Comprehensive rain radar animators, high-resolution satellite imagery and lightning maps.
◆ Australian synoptic weather charts.
◆ Daily weather news articles and videos.
◆ Snow forecasts – winter forecasts for snow, ski and snowboard activities.
◆ Marine and surf forecasts – coastal wind, gusts, wave height and direction, tide and moon phases.
◆ Weather widgets – add native weather widgets to your phone’s home screen.
– Paid Weather App Features –
Ad Free Weatherzone – AUD$5.99/year
• Enjoy our weather app without any ads.
Unlock more with Weatherzone Pro – AUD$5.99/month
• No advertising.
• Local lightning maps and alerts.
• Storm tracking and rain alerts.
• Wind gusts and cloud coverage by the hour.
• Use your account to unlock extra features on our website.
– Where does our weather app data come from? –
Our data comes from a variety of sources including our own in-house forecast models and the Bureau of Meteorology. The Weatherzone Total Lightning Network is the most advanced lightning detection network in Australia, with lightning data delayed by up to 10 minutes for app users. For real-time lightning data for businesses, please see: https://business.weatherzone.com.au/products/total-lightning/.
– Attention: Brisbane! Free Severe Weather Warning Alerts –
Brisbane City Council has partnered with Weatherzone to provide Brisbane residents with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if you may be impacted. Note that location-based features use the GPS running in the background and this can impact your device’s battery usage.
*Awarded most accurate forecast 11 years in a row by Australian energy provider.
*WMO weather app awards, 2020 for usefulness, reliability, quantity and quality of information in the private sector
– Contact Weatherzone –
Learn more about the app: https://weatherzone.app
FAQ and feedback/support: http://help.weatherzone.com.au
Terms and conditions of use: http://help.weatherzone.com.au/support/solutions/articles/4000122277-terms-of-use
If you have any feedback, issues with the app, issues with your account and/or feature suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.”