If you are looking for the Best Workout Logging Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Workout Logging Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Workout Logging Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Workout Logging Apps For iPhone
1. Fitbod Workout & Fitness Plans
“Get stronger, lose weight or gain muscle mass with Fitbod! When you hit your gym or living room, Fitbod’s innovative training algorithm will guide you through the right sets, reps, and weight to reach your fitness goals.
◆ A personalized plan designed to push your limits:
To build your custom-fit workout, Fitbod’s powerful technology understands your strength-training ability, studies your past workouts and adapts to your available gym equipment.
Between workouts, your training plan will maximize fitness gains by intelligently varying intensity (weight) and volume (sets/reps) between sessions. No muscle group is left behind in your personalized training plan.
◆ Grasp and master new strength-building exercises:
Fitbod keeps your gym sessions fresh and fun by mixing up your workouts with new exercises and maximizing the use of your available equipment.
For beginner strength-trainers, find the confidence to try new resistance exercises and gym equipment. Learn the correct movements from over 400 HD Demonstration Videos
◆ Attain strength-training achievements as you reach your personal exercise records.
Heroic performances happen all the time, and we wanted to recognize them by showcasing your personal bests as Fitbod Achievements.
◆ With Apple Watch, see your training plan at a glance, easily track your progress and stay focused while at the gym.
◆ Get workouts that match General Conditioning, Strength-Training, Muscle Tone, Bodybuilding, Powerlifting or Olympic Weightlifting.
◆ View your workout impact on a body heat map.
◆ Calories burned for each workout.
WHY IT WORKS:
Fitbod has been fine-tuned by certified personal trainers to bring the best-practices of strength-training to you. These best practices include:
◆ Individualization – Superior results are achieved by tailoring the workout program to your unique body, experience, environment and goals.
◆ Balance – Muscles improve when working in concert with the entire muscular system. Overworking some sets of muscle while underworking others can negatively impact results. Fitbod designs well-balanced workout routines.
◆ Variation – Mixing up muscle groups, exercises, sets, reps and weight over time serves to strengthen the musculoskeletal system and keep the body sharp.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION:
Sync your Fitbod workouts with Apple Health (activate in Fitbod Settings -> Connected Apps).
STRAVA & FITBIT INTEGRATION!
◆ Subscription Details:
Become an Elite member to unlock unlimited logged workouts. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at either $9.99 per month or $59.99 per year. You can manage your Elite subscription by visiting the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase an Elite subscription.
California Privacy Rights: https://www.fitbod.me/ccpa-privacy-policy
Join the Fitbod Community:
2. HeavySet – Gym Workout Log
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
– Supersets / Giant sets
– Preset rest timers per exercise
– Rep ranges
– Set ranges
– AMRAP sets
– Estimated duration
– Create based on previous workouts
– Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
– Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
– Log using intelligent suggested values
– Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
– Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
– Tempo timer metronome
– Full exercise history with notes
– Plate calculator
– Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
– Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
– Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
– View workout preview
– Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
– Local notifications when timers end
– View all current rep records for current exercise
– Easily add any exercise
– Notes for exercises
– Training max for weight calculation
– Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
– Add a base weight / body weight
– Track assisted exercises
– Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
– Log of every rep record your have achieved
– Filter record log by rep amount
– Notifications during workout log
– Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
– Automatic iCloud backup
– Export to CSV without upgrading
– Import (possible) any CSV format
– In-app FAQs
– Help videos
– In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
– “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
– “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
– “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn’t recommend it enough.”
– “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
– “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
– “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
– “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
– “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
– “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
– “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
– “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 – Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you’ll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let’s start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What’s more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet’s smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
– Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.”
3. RepCount – Gym Workout Log
“To maximize your results in the gym you need to track your workouts. There is a saying that “what you don’t measure, you can’t improve”. Don’t worry, RepCount got you covered. It is a quick and simple workout log for strength training. RepCount won’t lift the weights for you, but it makes tracking and analyzing your results effortless!
RepCount has been downloaded more than 300 000 times and is recommended by powerlifters, bodybuilders and personal trainers all over the world.
Logging your workouts with RepCount is free without ads! Log unlimited workouts, create as many workout programs and add as many exercises as you like. Want more? RepCount Premium gets you an intuitive superset feature, advanced statistics statistics of your progress including graphs of estimated one rep maxes, exercise volume, charts of personal records and more.
First class customer support and active development. If you send us an email, expect us to answer it, fast! Our team is verify active on Instagram and Facebook, so make sure to follow us for the latest news.
– A simple and fast way to log your workouts, so you can focus on lifting weights.
– Easy to add your own exercises
– Log unlimited number of workouts
– Create unlimited number of workout programs
– A simple rest timer
– Prefills todays workouts with the weights from the last workout, to save time and keep you motivated.
– Basic cardio log of kcal, distance and duration
– Table of rep records for each exercise.
– Hardware accelerated charts of volume, estimated one rep max, heaviest weight, number of reps/sets and much much more.
– Supersets done right!
– Increase intensity with drop sets
RepCount Premium is available as a monthly or yearly subscription. It will automatically be renewed at the end of your subscription unless it is cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. You can cancel anytime with your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION:
Sync RepCount workouts and body measurements with the Apple Health App.
For support and feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com
Log your workouts with RepCount and take your lifting to the next level.”
4. Strength Training & Gym Log
“Daily Strength is a gym workout planner and tracker that makes it easy for you to log and track your weight lifting workouts. Create your own gym workout plans and routines by selecting from an extensive list of exercises such as bench press, barbell squat, deadlift, and a variety of dumbbell, barbell and olympic exercises. The workout tracker also contains built in gym workout plans that you can easily get started on. Some workout schedules included are Stronglifts, 5×5, Madcow, Push Pull Legs (PPL), Starting Strength and much more. Training with weights has never been easier.
When you create your gym workout plans and log your weight lifting workouts, the workout planner will help you visualize your progress. You can view one rep max charts of the major compound exercises like bench press, barbell squat, and deadlift.
It has been proven that by tracking your weight lifting workouts you will be able to increase your bench press, barbell squat, and deadlift significantly.
Here is why many people doing weight lifting and powerlifting use Daily Strength:
Start logging a workout immediately
– Add exercises as you go and log the reps and weights
– Easy to use exercise tracker that’s quicker than using pen and paper and spreadsheet
– Add supersets, trisets, and giant sets to your gym workout
– Add notes to your sets and workouts
– Plate calculator
Built in workout schedules
– Beginner workout schedules like StrongLifts 5×5 and Ice Cream Fitness
– Advanced workout schedules like Madcow 5×5, PHUL, and PHAT
– Workout schedules that allow you to build muscle, burn fat, and build strength
– Everything from powerlifting, bodybuilding, weight training, and strength training workout schedules
– A gym trainer that is catered to your fitness goals
Build your own workout schedule
– Library of 300+ gym exercises with images and instructions included to add to your workout schedule
– Workout gym exercises such as barbell squats, bench press, barbell rows, and deadlifts
– Customize sets and reps for each exercise in your workout schedule
– Add individual rest times for each exercise in your workout
– Group exercises into supersets, trisets, and giant sets
– Allows you to create workout schedules like 5×5, 3×5, 1×3, Starting Strength, German Volume Training, and Crossfit workouts
– Perfect for people doing powerlifting and bodybuilding who want to take their strength training and weight training to the next level
During a workout session
– The workout app will allow you to easily log the reps and weights of each set
– A rest timer appears making sure you are taking an appropriate amount of rest
– You will be able to see the last performance of the set you are doing
– Focus on beating your personal records and making those bodybuilding, strength training, and weight training gains
– Your personal gym guide and personal trainer giving you instructions on how to perform the exercises
– After completing each set the exercise tracker will show a rest timer
– Workout timer notification pops up when you navigate away from the workout app
Track your progression
– Track how much time spent in the gym and which muscle groups are targeted
– Detailed workout charts and workout graphs
– Track your one rep max for powerlifting, strength training, and weight training
– A list of all your gym logs in one organized place
– Allows you to perform a workout session again and fills in your workout log automatically
Connect to Apple Health
– Share all your workout sessions and body measurements logged to Apple Health”
5. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service
“Trifecta is the ultimate all-in-one fitness, nutrition, and tracking app. Receive personalized nutrition goals from a registered dietitian, get free daily workouts, track your food and exercise, join a transformation challenge, and manage your Trifecta order, all in one place!
• Personalized Nutrition Goals – Get daily macro and calorie recommendations from a registered dietitian.
• Macro Tracking – Easily track your daily and weekly macro intake when you log food.
• Calorie Counter – We add up your calories for the meal, day, week, and month and track them by day.
• Global Food Database – 7M+ food items from restaurant menu items to common dishes worldwide.
• Barcode scanner – Easily scan barcodes to log your food with 4M+ scannable food items.
• Quick Add – Simply add just your calories or macros once per day.
• Customize Your Diary – Create your own foods, recipes, and items to personalize your tracking.
• Water Tracking – Log the amount of water you drink throughout the day.
• Extensive Workout Library – Browse customized daily workouts created by expert trainers.
• Workout Video Demonstrations – Watch celebrity athletes demonstrate proper movements when you sign up for premium.
• Ultimate Workout Timers – Stopwatch, Tabata style HIIT timers, EMOM & AMRAP timers available.
• Log Strength Exercises – Including sets, reps, and weight per set, or your own custom workouts.
• Manage Your Trifecta Subscription – Order food, skip weeks, update your delivery address, and more!
• Daily Progress Photos – See your progress before your eyes by logging daily progress photos.
• Track Your Weight – See changes and patterns in your weight log over weeks, months, or years.
• Join a 90-Day Challenge – Amp up your transformation goals by joining a free challenge with prizes.
• Nutrition Graphs – Watch your calories, macros, and nutrients over time to notice weight loss trends.
• Healthy Recipes – Get inspired with healthy and easy-to-make recipes in your content feed.
• Expert Content – Get free fitness and nutrition advice, and stay on top of the latest health information.
• Cross-Device – Optimized for fitness on your iPhone or iPad
Trifecta is free to download and use. Should you choose to upgrade to Trifecta Premium, we offer two auto-renewing subscription options:
$9.99 / month
$49.99 / year
New users will enjoy a free 30-day premium app trial. At the end of the trial, payment will be charged to your credit card through your Apple account at confirmation of purchase. NOTE: Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Subscriptions can be managed, and auto-renewal turned off in the Settings app. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Check with a doctor in addition to using the app and before making medical decisions.
Information on how Trifecta calculates your daily calories and macros: https://www.trifectanutrition.com/ask-us-anything/how-do-you-calculate-my-daily-goal-and-macros”