If you are looking for the Best Workout Tracking Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Workout Tracking Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Workout Tracking Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Workout Tracking Apps For iPhone
1. HeavySet – Gym Workout Log
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
– Supersets / Giant sets
– Preset rest timers per exercise
– Rep ranges
– Set ranges
– AMRAP sets
– Estimated duration
– Create based on previous workouts
– Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
– Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
– Log using intelligent suggested values
– Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
– Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
– Tempo timer metronome
– Full exercise history with notes
– Plate calculator
– Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
– Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
– Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
– View workout preview
– Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
– Local notifications when timers end
– View all current rep records for current exercise
– Easily add any exercise
– Notes for exercises
– Training max for weight calculation
– Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
– Add a base weight / body weight
– Track assisted exercises
– Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
– Log of every rep record your have achieved
– Filter record log by rep amount
– Notifications during workout log
– Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
– Automatic iCloud backup
– Export to CSV without upgrading
– Import (possible) any CSV format
– In-app FAQs
– Help videos
– In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
– “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
– “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
– “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn’t recommend it enough.”
– “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
– “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
– “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
– “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
– “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
– “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
– “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
– “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 – Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you’ll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let’s start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What’s more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet’s smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
– Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.”
2. JEFIT Workout Planner Gym Log
“The only exercise tracker with detailed workout programs, HD video exercise instructions and tools to log and track your workouts. On your iOS device or on your desktop, use JEFIT to track your training at home or at the gym and throw away your notebook.
Men’s Fitness – Best Fitness Apps * USA Today – New year, new you
Over 8 million people use JEFIT to track their workouts and transform their bodies.
JEFIT, the number one workout tracking planner app, provides free fitness program database to help you stay fit, make progress and get the most out of your gym or home fitness sessions. From beginner programs like 5×5, 531, stronglifts, 3 or 4 day splits, starting strength to advanced bodybuilding, weightlifting, powerlifting or kettlebell routines to programs using bodyweight, limited space or specialized equipment, JEFIT is the only workout app you need.
– “Best bodybuilding and workout trainer ever! Can’t believe this tool is free!”
– “JEFIT is the BEST Workout and Fitness logger EVER! The combination of downloadable daily workout routines and tracking your progress online is great! Also its FREE”
– “JEFIT is the best FREE workout and fitness planner on the market, never go to the gym without this tool”
– 1300+ weight training exercises in the largest exercise database
– Workout routine database with community created daily workout routines and fitness plans
– Two – Way Sync
– Easily track your workouts, create fitness routines, stay motivated and build muscle
– View your body and lifting progress keep you motivated for further training and weight lifting
– Fully customizable routines and exercises to create daily workout programs
– Sync w/ Health app to track your body weight, height, and exercise time
– Create your own daily custom fitness plans personalized to your goals to help you get in shape and improve your strength
– Download community created weight training routines for both men and women
– Routines specific for your goals, i.e getting six pack abs, building a lean body, lose weight, increase strength
– Search weight lifting and muscle building exercises to create your own daily fitness routines
– 1300+ exercises for all major weight lifting equipment including barbell, dumbbells, kettlebells, strength and cardio machines and more
– Detailed exercise instructions and animations
– Track cardio and strength training exercises
– Create your own custom exercises and view progress your favorite exercises
– Quick and simple tracking of your weight/reps and sets for exercises
– Save your best lifting record for each exercise
Community and Friends
– Connect with and add friends to help stay motivated
– Share your progress and compare stats with the community
– Log into your profile page to update your friends on how you are doing with your training progress
– Share your workouts via email, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
– View progress and profile pictures as well as Youtube videos shared from the community
– Sync your workout data and save your lifting and body stat progress
– Download from community created strength routines and daily fitness plans
**JEFIT Elite subscription**
You also have option to JEFIT Elite subscription for $39.99 /per year.
JEFIT Elite subscription offers more advanced feature set, including but not limited to: Deeper Training analytics, 1100+ HD training demonstration videos, and premium training routines created by experts and so on.
Subscription details: JEFIT Elite subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. Your payment will continue to auto-renew unless you cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to your next renewal date. Subscriptions can be cancelled or managed under your iTunes Account Settings.
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
4. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service