If you are looking for the Openstreetmap iPhone Best App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Openstreetmap iPhone Best App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Openstreetmap iPhone Best App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Openstreetmap iPhone Best App
1. 700 City Maps
Do you feel online Google Maps is too slow showing you the map? Do you want an easy way to mark and remember where you are? Do you need a list of streets where you are? You don’t want to carry around a big unwieldy paper map? Tired of having the paper map blown to pieces by the wind every time you try to figure out where you are and where you need to go?
The mobile streetmaps are for you! All the map data is loaded on your iPhone or iPad before you leave your home, so can you be on the streets, offline, and still know everything about the area you are in, and locate yourself or any street in the city. You don’t need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your iPhone – no WiFi, no 3G, no GPRS!
You can choose from more than 700 maps to download. All the data for each map is stored on your iPhone or iPad, so it works where you have no access to the Internet – it works where Google Maps is inaccessible. This prevents expensive data roaming charges by loading all the map data to your iPhone or iPad before you leave home. You can turn off all network functions and still be able to find your way around. Lets you find all streets, and many useful locations such as ATM’s, parkings, museums, and many others. Remembers where you’ve been so you can find that parking spot where you left your rental car, or that great restaurant. Allows you to mark interesting locations to visit in advance.
To make sure your phone doesn’t use any expensive data on your trip, go to Settings, then General, tap on Network, and slide the Data Roaming to “off”. Note: GPS functions work on the iPhone iPad 3G only, the iPod and WiFi iPad use “assisted GPS” based on nearby WiFi networks, and often know roughly where you are, but they are not as precise as GPS equipped iPhones and iPads.
We have all the major cities and tourist destinations like Paris, Rome, London, New York, Amsterdam, Bali, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Tokyo, Sydney, Venice, Barcelona, Malta, and many others, up to and including small places like Aix-en-Provence, Allentown Pennsylvania, Williamsburg Virginia, Surfers Paradise, and national parks like Yellowstone, Shenandoah, and many others. We’re constantly expanding the list, and if we currently don’t have the one you’re looking for, tell us!
For a full list of available maps, please visit our website!
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA.”
2. Go Map!!
“Go Map!! lets you create and edit information in OpenStreetMap, the free crowd-sourced map of your neighborhood and the world. Add shops and restaurants, streets, cycling and hiking paths, buildings, lakes and rivers.
• Quickly add points of interest
• Edit nodes, ways and areas
• Track your location and heading
• Create and resolve Notes
• Supports arbitrary tag values
• Full undo/redo support
• Work offline and upload your changes later
• Bing, Mapbox and Mapnik backgrounds, or customize with your own
• See who last edited an object and when
• Find other mappers nearby
• Search for places using Nominatim
• Free! No ads or in-app purchases
For more information visit www.OpenStreetMap.org
Free registration and acceptance of the OpenStreetMap licensing terms is required to upload your changes.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device’s memory card for offline use. All the main functionality works both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• Ability to display the map and navigation instructions with CarPlay
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, …
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at email@example.com”
4. Windy Maps
“Windy Maps will guide you around the whole world. You can search for a route, plan a trip and arrive to your destination thanks to the voice navigation. Windy Maps works even without an internet connection. Just download a map of your country or a region to your phone. An inseparable part of the app is the function My Maps, where you can save your places and routes in folders according to your trips. Then you can easily sort or share them with others, even via social networks. In addition, you can track your trips via Tracker, a function that is able to detect if you’re riding a bike, driving a car or walking. With the app Windy Maps you no longer need a car or bike navigation. If going on a trip, then only with Windy Maps.
Windy Maps by Seznam.cz chart the whole world in detail. Whether you love hiking, biking or skiing, you will enjoy this app. Plan your route and get to the destination thanks to tourist voice navigation that works also offline. Get out of the city and start seeing the world with Windy Maps.
Even without the internet, you can:
• Use downloaded maps even just in the form of regions.
• Search locations around the world.
• Look through and sort out saved trips in My maps including sync of the app with Windy Maps web.
• Plan routes and use navigation anywhere around the world even without a signal.
• Offline tourist map of the world with marked tourist trails and bikeways.
• Offline voice navigation for drivers, bikers and pedestrians in languages (Czech, English, Polish, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Italian, Slovak).
In the app you will find:
• Car navigation with lane guidance and speed limit notification.
• Free navigation for cycling and hiking.
• Weather forecast for the next 5 days anywhere around the world, including temperature, wind, and precipitation.
• Tips for trips nearby.
• My maps for organizing trips are synced on all devices after signing in.
• Tracker is a function that allows you to track and share your route and that can detect your activity. It can also stop tracking automatically.
• Offline route planner with an unlimited number of waypoints, elevation profile for vehicles, bikes and pedestrians.
• Offline winter maps of the world with cross-country skiing tracks and ski resorts.
• Upload pictures to locations.
• Offline search for places, coordinates and categories, including opening hours and contacts.
• Up-to-date fuel prices at petrol stations in selected European countries.
• Public transport timetables.
Using the application in the background with GPS can dramatically reduce battery life.”