If you are looking for the What Is The Best Guitar Tuner App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 What Is The Best Guitar Tuner App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 What Is The Best Guitar Tuner App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 What Is The Best Guitar Tuner App For iPhone
1. Fender Guitar Tuner
“Fender Tune is the 5-star rated, precision tuner app for guitar, bass and ukulele from the most trusted name in guitars, Fender®. Accurately tune your instrument with Fender Tune’s easy-to-use interface, perfect for all musicians from beginners to pros.
PRECISE & CUSTOMIZABLE TUNING MODES
How it works:
Auto-Tune Mode – Pluck a string and the tuner listens to the note to guide you to a perfect pitch. A string-by-string diagram guides the selected tuning.
Manual Tune Mode – Tap a string on the interactive Fender headstock to hear the note and tune your acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass or ukulele.
Chromatic Mode – The tuner recognizes each of the 12 chromatic (semitone) steps of the equal-tempered scale, allowing you to tune to any note on the scale.
Preset Tunings – 26 tunings available, including: Standard (EADGBE), Open G, Drop D, Open D and Drop C.
Custom Tunings – Create your own custom tunings and save to your Fender Connect personal profile for easy access.
INTRODUCING TUNE PLUS: THE ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE PRACTICE TOOLKIT
Looking for more than a standard guitar tuner? For a limited time, sign-up to gain full access to Tune Plus – the largest suite of FREE guitar-playing resources in a mobile app. No credit card required. Get more out of your practice with interactive guitar chords and scales, built-in customizable drum beats, advanced precision tuning capabilities, a metronome and more. All you need is the Fender Tune app and your instrument.
5000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR CHORDS
Discover new sonic possibilities with Fender’s dynamic guitar chord library which creates any chord pattern, with multiple shape variations, anywhere on the neck.
• Interact with over 5000 guitar chords by dragging your finger across the diagram to hear the chord before you play.
• Get chord diagrams and finger placement for every chord variation in any position
• Browse through curated collections of chords or find a chord by searching for a note
• Includes chords for six-string guitar only
2000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR SCALES
Fender’s dynamic scale library improves your lead playing by quickly teaching complex scales with easy-to-understand visuals.
• Hear how over 2000 guitar scales sound before you play them by pressing down on each note of the interactive scale diagrams.
• Find scale diagrams and patterns for any variation, flavor and key – anywhere on the fretboard.
• Includes scales for six-string guitar only
DRUM TRACKS & METRONOME
Improve your playing and have more fun practicing with a flexible drum kit based on an authentic acoustic drum kit designed for Fender.
• Choose from 65 unique one-touch, pre-programmed drum rhythms across 7 genres (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Funk/R&B, Country/Folk and World) including: 90s Rock, Chicago Bounce, Kingston Groove and many more.
• Select your tempo and customize your time signature to practice with any rhythm
• Also features standard metronome mode to help you stay in time.
Tune your guitar, bass or ukulele with greater visual precision and flexibility
• Get real-time visual feedback to find the exact tuning you’re seeking
• Explore more tuning styles with exact cents and hertz reference
• Choose from 40 different non-standard tuning references from A=420Hz to A=460Hz
• 8 tutorial videos teach you the basics of tuning your instrument
• The intermediate guide provides tips for training your ear and using Chromatic Mode
Since 1946, Fender® has set the standard for expertly crafted, high-performance instruments and audio equipment. Fender Digital, a new digital products division, is extending the vision with a precise and easy-to-use guitar, bass and ukulele tuner iPhone app.”
2. “GuitarTuna: Guitar, Bass tuner”
“The #1 tuner in the world!
This is not just a guitar tuner: we’ve got +100 tunings for 15 instruments! It’s fast, accurate and easy to use. GuitarTuna has been downloaded over 80 million times, which makes it the most downloaded tuning app in the world.
Tuna has it all:
• A LOT of tunings: standard, drop D, drop A, half step down and loads more
• Metronome with tap-for-tempo and multiple time signatures
• Chromatic tuner for alternative tunings and for tuning any instrument
• The clean, intuitive and customisable UI makes it easy for anyone to use
• Tools: Ear training, chord guide, games, and exercises.
How it works:
Just pluck a string on your instrument – Tuna detects the sound using your device’s microphone. You’ll get instant visual feedback while tuning. No cables needed.
With our award-winning audio recognition technology, we guarantee you an insanely accurate tuning result. We use noise cancellation technology to eliminate background noises while you tune.
The instruments we currently support:
• Guitar 7-String
• Guitar 12-String
• Bass 5-string
• Banjo 5-String
• Chromatic tuner for all instruments
We’ve put a lot of love and effort into making GuitarTuna the tuner it is today. User feedback is valuable to us, and you can be sure we’re listening. We recently added chromatic tuner to the app because of the sheer amount of requests for it. With the chromatic tuner, users can create their own tunings or tune basically any instrument (you can even identify your landline’s beeping frequency).
GuitarTuna Pro subscription: Subscribe for unlimited access. Subscriptions are monthly. Prices may vary in different countries. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
GuitarTuna is developed by Yousician. Check out the app to learn and master guitar, ukulele, bass, piano or singing!
It’s pretty cool you actually read this far! Here’s a joke for you: What’s the difference between a bass and a tuna? You can tuna bass, but you can’t bass a tuna.
Now download the app and see how it is.
Send us your feedback of the joke and the app to email@example.com!
3. Practice+ Tuner & Metronome
Practice+ is a complete practice and performance toolkit for musicians that contains five separate modes including Tuner, Metronome, Recorder, Setlist and Loop Modes. Each mode can work simultaneously with the metronome which is easily controlled via the compact metronome bar that is always on screen.
What people are saying about Practice+
“Practice+ Makes Perfect” – AppAdvice.com
“Get your music right with Practice+” -Tom’sGuide.com
“Beautiful flat UI design” -ModernJamming.com
Tuner- Powerfully accurate tuner with instant response and large edge to edge UI for easy readability. Tuner range A0-C8.
Metronome- Full featured metronome that works simultaneously in every mode. Customize meters, accents, subdivisions, sounds and more. The dedicated metronome mode features a large edge to edge UI for easy readability
Pitch Player- Play reference tones to check your intonation. Pitch playback range A1-C8
Recorder- Record and share your practice sessions right from your device
SetList-Easily create setlists and save all settings with a single tap
Practice Mode- Loop difficult passages and increase tempo automatically with each repetition
Beautifully simple UI
Portrait and landscape support
Fine tuning range 392-490Hz
Practice+ is free to try with limitations. Unlock everything with a single in-app purchase.”
4. Pro Guitar Tuner
The app listen and analyze the sound in real time from the built-in mic, headset, guitar clip on or from any other external microphone. It is so accurate that it will be your best friend for guitar intonation!
Because Pro Guitar Tuner is chromatic you can tune most types of stringed instruments.
High-quality samples of real instruments are also accessible (i.e. tune by ear if preferred!). A massive library of different tunings for guitar, bass, balalaika, violin, ukulele and more makes it easy to find more qualities and characteristics from your instrument.
To make it more intuitive, we give you information about the current pitch in many different ways:
*Cents for the current pitch
*A red/green light indicating the closest pitch
*A note wheel corresponding to the chromatic scale
*A fretboard with the current tuning setting displayed
Standard guitar is set as default but the guitar tuner can be used to tune many different instruments, such as:
*Guitars – Standard, 4-string, 5-string, 7-string, 8-string
, 9-string, 10-string, 11-string, 12-string, and 13-string guitar
*Bass guitars – Standard, 5-string bass and 6-string bass
*Ukuleles – std (Soprano), Pocket, Concert, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, and Contrabass
*Banjo – 4-string, 5-string, 6-string
*Mandolin family – Mandolin (Soprano), Piccolo, Mandola (alto), Octave Mandolin (tenor), Mandocello (Baritone), Mandobass, Irish Bouzouki, Cittern, and Greek Bouzouki
*Violin family – Violin, Viola, Cello (violoncello), Double bass and 5-string Double bass
*Balalaika family – Prima, Piccolo, Secunda, Alto, Tenor, Bass and Contrabass
After you have selected an instrument you choose a specific tuning. The app provides you with over 200 custom tunings.
The tuning options are divided into groups to make them easier to find. For guitar, the categories are:
*Double dropped tunings
*Major open tunings
*Minor open tunings (cross-note)
If you have certain tunings that you often use, you can save them as favorites. This gives you easy access to them under favorite tunings.
In the app, you can choose to subscribe to Pro Guitar Tuner Premium. It´s a monthly subscription that gives you the following features:
If you choose to purchase a monthly subscription, after your confirmation, the subscription will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime with your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription. The purchase is applied to your iTunes account.
Terms of Service: https://www.proguitar.com/about/policies/terms”
5. VITALtuner – Only the best tuner
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, VITALtuner is simply the best way to tune your instrument. Why? Keep reading and we promise to not disappoint!
“The guitar settings options will get you excited…superior design” – Guitar Adventures
“Incredibly accurate, very easy to use, and super reliable…the best I’ve ever used” – Award-winning guitarist John Huldt
“Honestly, the BEST tuner I have ever seen. Incredible technology!”
“This app blows everything else out of the water”
“There is no other tuning app which has the breadth of options that VITALtuner has. This will be the only tuner anyone needs” – App Store reviews
COMPLETE TUNING SOLUTION
• Just bought your first mandolin and don’t have the slightest idea how to tune it?
• Want to down-tune your guitar and play along with Jimi?
• About to go onstage and perform Beethoven’s Violin Concerto?
• In the studio and the producer is asking for an alternate banjo tuning?
• Interested in exploring an obscure temperament for your harpsichord?
With VITALtuner the above scenarios are covered with ease. And there is so much more you can do.
MOBILE TUNING DONE RIGHT
VITALtuner is designed for unsurpassed professional tuning accuracy that you can use seamlessly in any musical setting. A truly universal tuner for all instruments with a state-of-the-art Tuning Engine designed from the ground up to cover the widest range of pitches. From a low C extension on a double bass to a high C on a piccolo, you’re covered!
TUNING MODES – LIKE 4 TUNERS IN 1
4 unique modes designed to cover any musical settings you may find yourself in, regardless of your skill level.
• Advanced Mode – Unmatched tuning accuracy with a virtual needle that has been perfected for fluid movement and intuitive tuning.
• Easy Mode – Great for beginners, it offers extra help tuning. Virtual LEDs provide steadier movement for effortless and quick tuning.
• Stage Mode – Same feel and accuracy as Advanced Mode, but designed to be viewed from a distance. Always clearly visible, on a music stand or across the stage.
• Bright Mode – Designed for outdoor use when direct sunlight makes screens hard to see.
• Tuning Engine – State-of-the-art digital signal processing available only with VITALtuner. Accuracy and pitch detection on par with piano technician tuners worth thousands for dollars.
• Instrument Tunings – 130 standard and alternate tunings spanning 40 instruments. Choose your instrument and target tuning, and Guide Notes will help you tune.
• Transposition – Tune down or with a capo.
• Concert A Calibration – Set concert pitch with 3 decimal point accuracy.
• Sweeter Tunings – Tuning offsets that are tailored for specific instruments to produce a more balanced intonation.
• Temperaments – The largest number of thoroughly researched historical and contemporary temperaments.
• Custom Offsets – Save custom tuning offsets. Add your own Temperaments and Sweeter Tunings.
• Pitch Generator – Play highly accurate reference pitches using a familiar keyboard layout. Reflects A4 calibration & offsets.
• Concert Pitch Notation – See detected pitch displayed in standard music notation.
• SPL (Decibel) Meter
• Peak Meter”