If you are looking for the What Is The Best Security App For My Android Phone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 What Is The Best Security App For My Android Phone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 What Is The Best Security App For My Android Phone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 What Is The Best Security App For My Android Phone
1. Mobile Security – Lookout
“Mobile Security & Antivirus by Lookout provides premium mobile security & identity protection for all of your Android devices. Protect your device from viruses, malware and spyware, and rest assured you’re in safe hands with our ID theft protection services.
Secure your device and your life, with Lookout. Lookout provides instant security from viruses, threats and personal data theft.
Lookout is the only all-in-one mobile security & antivirus app that protects your mobile device, your data & your identity. Stay ahead of any viruses, malware and spyware with our antivirus features, phishing attacks or other mobile theft breach with the Mobile Security & Antivirus app by Lookout.
Lookout Basic Includes:
* Mobile Security & Antivirus
* Virus Scanner: Continuous, over-the-air antivirus protection from viruses, malware, spyware, adware, & phishing. Just scan your device and we’ll take care of the rest!
* System Advisor: Checks your mobile device for root detections to make sure the operating system is working properly
* Lookout makes it easy to identify, clean & remove viruses from your Android device.
* Locate & Alert: Map the location of your device & make it sound an alarm – even on silent!
* Signal Flare: Automatically save your device’s location when the battery is low
Lookout Antivirus & Security Premium
* Includes all the functionality of Lookout Basic, plus 360 total mobile security & antivirus features to protect your mobile device, data & privacy.
* Safe Wifi: Protects your mobile data from phishing & other Wi-Fi attacks. Get peace of mind as you connect to Wi-Fi networks on the go, knowing that your mobile connection is safe & secure.
* Breach Report: Get timely alerts whenever a company, app or service you use has a data breach along with how best to secure your data
*Theft Alerts: Get an email with a photo & location whenever suspicious behavior is detected that could mean your identity has been stolen
* Safe Browsing: Scan every URL link you visit to help detect online threats with antivirus technology & alert you of sites that can infect your device & steal your personal information. Mobile Security, Antivirus Protection & virus scanner by Lookout improves your online security.
* Privacy Advisor: See what personal information can be accessed by your apps
* Lock & Wipe: Remotely lock your device, post a custom message & erase your data
Lookout Premium Plus (US only) comes with all of the Premium functionality, plus identity theft protection.”
2. Microsoft Translator
“Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can also download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel.
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation – connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate text in other apps through context menu translation
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Arabic (Levantine), Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew , Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish (Central), Kurdish (Northern), Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Norwegian, Odia, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Queretaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, and Edge as well as by partners such as Adobe, LinkedIn and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.”
3. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile
“Sophos Intercept X for Mobile delivers industry leading protection against malware and other mobile threats. The app has consistently achieved a 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block web pages with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Check links you tap in non-browser apps for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile to enable your organization to manage your device.
Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
• Connect the app to your organization’s Microsoft Intune account to restrict access to corporate data based on the device’s compliance status. This requires Sophos Central.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. More info: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission when you turn on the App Protection feature.
• This app uses Accessibility services.
• The Wi-Fi Security feature of Sophos Intercept X for Mobile needs the location permission to get the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, even when the app is running in the background. The app doesn’t actually access or track your location.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
• Knowledge base: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use our SDK for premium antivirus in your app: https://www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK”
4. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
“Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus is the most powerful antivirus app for Android. It protects your smartphone and tablet against viruses, malware and online threats and keeps your private information secure from hackers.
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus was named the Best Android Security Product of 2020, 2017, 2016 and 2015 by AV-TEST. Try it free for the first 14 days.
✔ Antivirus Protection – keeps your Android device safe from all new and existing online threats
✔ Virus & Malware Scanner – 100% detection rate against viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware; on-demand & on-install scan and malware removal
✔ Web Protection – secures your Android device against dangerous, phishing and fraudulent sites for the most popular browsers
✔ Autopilot – makes security recommendations based on your mobile device usage
✔ Account Privacy – monitors if your email accounts were involved in any data breach
✔ VPN – makes your IP anonymous & unlocks geo-restricted content
✔ App Lock – protects your sensitive and private mobile apps with a PIN code or fingerprint
✔ Anti-Theft – protects your personal information in case your Android device is stolen or lost
✔ Reports – sends insights about your weekly activity and security incidents that were prevented
✔ WearON – extends the protection offered by Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus to your smart watch
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus keeps your Android phone and tablet protected from all online threats. It acts as a virus cleaner and malware removal tool.
Virus & Malware Scanner
With an independently proven 100% detection rate, Malware Scanner automatically scans all mobile apps for viruses, malware and any other threats to protect your Android device.
Web Protection blocks malicious, phishing and fraudulent links and keeps your online activity safe on the most popular browsers so you can navigate or buy online without any risks.
Protects against mobile threats relying on links to enter your device and gather data. Detects dangerous links embedded in texts and notifications and helps put an end to the spread of such attacks.
Autopilot acts as your Security Advisor by recommending security actions in the context of your system needs and usage patterns.
How safe is your email address? Find out whether your account details or personal data have been involved in a data breach by monitoring them with Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus.
Surf the web anonymously & unlock geo-IP restricted content with the VPN feature. Free use limited to 200MB traffic / day.
Protect your most sensitive mobile apps with a PIN code or fingerprint so no one can mess with your private info. Use Smart Unlock to allow direct access to protected apps when using a trusted Wi-Fi.
Anti-Theft & Snap Photo
Lock, geo-locate, sound an alarm, and wipe your Android from any internet-connected device. The anti-theft protection will snap a mugshot of any person who tries to tamper with your phone in your absence.
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus reports your activity in weekly intervals so you can have a clear overview of how you use your phone from a security and privacy perspective.
Extends Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus to Android Wear devices.
Never lose your device with the help of Phone Alert and Scream (Android 4.3 and later required).
For Open-Beta group
New functionality available to test – Anti-SMS phishing to keep you safe against attacks relying on text messages to infiltrate on your device or gather your data. Works side-by-side with Web Protection for complete online protection.
Note: This safety app requires Device Admin permission and uses Accessibility services.”
5. Kaspersky Security & VPN
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android is a FREE-to-download antivirus solution to help keep your phones and tablets – which can be even more vulnerable than computers – as well as your private information secure from online dangers.
► Antivirus protection — acts as a virus cleaner, automatically blocking malware and more on your phones & tablets
► Background check — scans on-demand and in real-time* for viruses, spyware, ransomware and Trojans
► Find my phone — locates & locks your Android phone or tablet if it’s lost or stolen
► Where Is My Device — protects your personal information from thieves, allowing you to wipe it from your device remotely
► App Lock* — lets you add a secret code to access your private messages, photos & more
► Anti-Phishing* — keeps your financial information secure when you shop & bank online
► Web filter* — filters out dangerous links & sites when you go online
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android includes:
🛡 Antivirus protection
If our background check detects malware, Kaspersky Internet Security for Android acts as a virus cleaner – blocking viruses and dangerous apps, links and files.
🔍 Background check
Our antivirus for Android scans downloaded apps for malware, ransomware, phishing, spyware and other infections using a background check to give you outstanding virus protection, guarding your devices from threats.
🔑 App Lock
Our App Lock feature protects your private communications & financial information with a secret code that lets you access confidential apps selected by you. Plus it hides your sensitive data (messages, photos, files & more) on your device from people up to no good.*
📱 Find my phone
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android helps you track and find your lost phone or tablet. You can turn on an alarm on the device remotely, lock and locate your phone, wipe personal information – including messages, photos & videos – and take a mugshot of the person using your device if it’s stolen.
🌍 Block dangerous sites & links when you’re online
Our powerful antivirus for Android protects your device from Internet threats while you’re browsing by blocking phishing. That’s why our virus cleaner delivers outstanding virus protection & helps keep your privacy and sensitive financial data secure when you buy stuff.*
* Functionality is available only in Premium version.
Devices on My Network is unavailable for Android 11 and higher.
If you’ve installed Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Security Cloud or Kaspersky VPN on your device, you can transfer the VPN functionality to your Kaspersky Internet Security app. In this case, VPN will only be available through Kaspersky Internet Security. However, you can transfer VPN functionality back to Kaspersky Security Cloud or Kaspersky VPN in your app settings.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission and Accessibility services.”
6. “Avast Antivirus – Scan & Remove Virus, Cleaner”
Protect your privacy by receiving alerts when spyware or adware-infected apps are downloaded onto your device. Secure your device against phishing attacks from emails and infected websites. Turn on the VPN to keep your online browsing private and safe, as well as to access your favorite paid streaming services when traveling abroad. Get alerts when your passwords have been compromised by hackers.
With more than 100 million installs, Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus provides much more than just antivirus protection.
✔ Antivirus Engine
✔ Hack Check
✔ Photo Vault
✔ File scanner
✔ Privacy Permissions
✔ RAM Boost
✔ Junk Cleaner
✔ Web Shield
✔ Wi-Fi Security
✔ App Insights
✔ Virus Cleaner
✔ Wi-Fi Speed Test
Premium features for advanced protection:
■ Camera Trap: Secretly capture photos and audio of the thief if your phone gets stolen.
■ Last Known Location: Check your device’s last location before its battery died.
■ App Lock: Keep your sensitive content secure and private by locking any app with a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint password. Only you’ll be able to access them.
■ Remove Ads: Eliminate ads from your Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus experience.
■ Avast Direct Support: Contact Avast directly from the app to receive quick responses to your inquiries.
Finally, Ultimate users can enjoy our VPN (Virtual Private Network) as well – Hide your online activities from hackers and your ISP by encrypting your connection. You can also change your location to access your favorite paid streaming services from anywhere.
Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus in detail
■ Antivirus Engine: Automatically scan for viruses and other kinds of malware, including spyware, Trojans, and more. Web, file, and app scanning provides complete mobile protection.
■ App Insights: Discover how much time you spend using each app on your device and take back control of your phone-life balance.
■ Junk Cleaner: Instantly clean out unnecessary data, junk files, system caches, gallery thumbnails, installation files, and residual files to give you more space.
■ Photo Vault: Secure your photos with a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint password. After moving photos to the Vault, they are fully encrypted and only accessible to you.
■ Web Shield: Scan and block malware-infected links, as well as Trojans, adware, and spyware (for privacy and safe web browsing, e.g. Chrome).
■ Wi-Fi Security: Check the security of public Wi-Fi networks, browse safely, and make secure online payments from anywhere.
■ Hack Alerts: See which of your passwords have been leaked with a quick and simple scan, so you can update your login credentials before hackers infiltrate your accounts.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This permission allows you to remotely lock and wipe your device from my.avast.com.
This app uses the Accessibility permission to protect visually impaired and other users against phishing attacks and malicious websites.”